From 11th February 2017, all new orders come with a full 12 months parts and labour warranty which runs from date of purchase.
What is covered?
If, in the rare event, your purchase fails to operate under normal use and service, due to defects in parts or workmanship, our warranty will cover the cost of parts and labour to either repair or replace your warranty return with a like for like model. Replacements will be issued in accordance with the specification and cosmetic appearance of the handset returned.
Should there be any differences in make, model, colour, memory or network, then this will be agreed by both parties.
We aim to repair or replace all warranty returns within a reasonable time, but lead times will vary depending on the availability of stock and/or replacement parts.
What is not covered?
This is not an insurance policy and should we deem that any fault has occurred as a result of misuse; accidental, deliberate or water damage, then the warranty will be void and we will contact you with regards to this.
We do not cover defects and/or damage resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear of the equipment or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the equipment, including battery deterioration.
- Any disassembly, repair, alteration or modifications carried out by anyone other than Second-Hand Phones.com
- Misuse, abuse, negligence or an accident howsoever caused.
- Improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration or modification of the product.
- This warranty will not be available: a) if the serial number or warranty seal on the product is illegible, has been defaced or removed; or, b) without any proof of purchase.
- We do not cover any phones for water damage; this includes phones which were rated as waterproof/water resistant when new. This is due to the rubber seals/waterproofing degrading over time and as a result we cannot guarantee that a second-hand phone's seal will still be intact.
We do not cover consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to, loss of use, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of data, any fees related to third party contracts, down-time and charges for time and effort.
Any third party attempt at repairing the handset will invalidate any returns period or warranty in place, which is why we strongly advise that any potential issue must be reported to us in the first instance and we will be able to advise further.
What must you do?
All faults must be reported to us upon initial discovery of the fault, as continuing to operate a device with a fault may cause the device to become irreparable. You will be held financially liable in this case and any costs associated with the return will become yours. In this instance, we will not uphold a warranty repair or replacement.
Handsets must be returned to us without any security measures (for example, passwords, passcodes) in place which would prevent our engineers from completing a full assessment and factory reset. Handsets returned to us with a security measure in place will be subject to extensive delays.
If removal is not possible on the device, then we require this information to be included on the returns form or via an email to email@example.com in order to process the return fully and to action a remote removal.
We also require that the following sundries are removed prior to the handset being returned, as they will be disposed of upon receipt:
- Sim cards
- Memory cards
- Other accessories
We do not under any circumstances provide any kind of guarantee for data loss and all returns will be factory reset and wiped. We do advise that backups of the phone’s data are taken at regular intervals.
The handset must be returned to us on or before the date the warranty period expires, outside of this period it will be deemed as out of warranty and returned to you subject to the relevant fees.
Please ensure that the handset is packaged safely and in accordance with the courier’s guidelines before sending it to us, please retain your proof of postage and tracking number.
You are responsible for the handset until we accept delivery.
Our return address is:
Kempf Enterprises Ltd
Castle Park Road
Whiddon Valley Industrial Estate
You are responsible for the postage to and from our Head Office and our return postage charge for eligible warranty returns is £9.95, this can be paid over the phone with a credit or debit card or directly to our PayPal Account firstname.lastname@example.org
Each and every handset is purchased from wholesalers registered within the UK and put through numerous phases of stringent industry standard testing to provide our customers with complete peace of mind. After a period of 28 days, it is fairly assumed that there has been a period of network activity on your behalf, which transfers the ownership of the handset and associated liabilities. A Checkmend report can be provided upon request up to 28 days after purchase subject to an administration fee of £2.95.
No Fault Found
Each and every handset is put through phases of stringent testing that exceeds industry standard prior to listing for sale and again before dispatch, to provide our customers with complete peace of mind. We ensure every warranty return is put through the same testing process to ensure consistency.
Should we deem a warranty return to be fully working, then this handset will be returned to you providing payment of the relevant fees is made within the required timeframe. The return processing fee is £8.95 and the return postage fee is £9.95.
Our warranty covers the cost of parts and labour to either repair or replace eligible warranty returns with a like for like model or agreed alternative. However, you are responsible for the following fees:
- Our return postage costs to you via a fully tracked service - £9.95
- Your postage costs to us - £ varies
No fault found returns and ineligible warranty returns will also be subject to a return processing fee of £8.95.
A Checkmend report can be provided by ourselves within the first 28 days for £2.95, after 28 days this can be provided for £4.95. If you wish to purchase your report direct with Checkmend, please click on the following link - https://www.checkmend.com/
These costs can be paid over the phone with a credit or debit card (UK customers only) or directly to our PayPal account - email@example.com
If we are unable to reach you with regards to either further information we require or in the case of returns, in order to obtain the associated return fees then your return will be retained by us for a period of 30 days. If this period elapses, then the returned item will be disposed of and any return or warranty policies void.
Changes to this agreement
- From time to time we will also need to make changes to this policy. We will give you reasonable notice of any changes to this policy. Those changes will not affect past purchases.
- We reserve the right to take such action as we think appropriate in the event that you breach this policy. If we do not exercise a right available to us under this policy, this does not constitute a waiver of our rights.
- If any term of this policy is held invalid, void or unenforceable by a court or regulator, that term will be severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms of this policy.
- You may not assign or otherwise transfer this policy or any rights or obligations under it without our prior written consent. We may assign or transfer this policy, or any rights or obligations under it, on reasonable notice to you.
- All replaced defective products, parts, boards or equipment shall become the property of Second-Hand Phones.com
- The warranty period commences from the date of purchase once it has been activated and runs without delay from this period. Under no circumstances can a warranty be delayed, extended or renewed.
- The warranty period does not restart should a repair be effected or warranty replacement issued.
Handsets sold as faulty do not qualify for warranty.
Handsets sold with a pink hue screen defect do qualify for warranty, but the LCD and digitiser are excluded.