APN Settings - Talkmobile
Find out everything you need to know when accessing and changing your Talkmobile APN settings with our guide.
What is an APN?
An Access Point Name (APN) is the information your phone needs in order to connect to mobile networks and wireless services like the internet. If your phone has incorrect APN details, you will not be able to connect properly and get the most out of your phone.
In most cases, your phone’s APN settings will be preconfigured, and you won’t have to worry about changing them. However, there are some instances - like with unlocked second-hand phones or devices bought from overseas - where you may need to add in the correct APN details for your new carrier.
Each carrier will have unique APN settings for their network - below, we share what you need to know when setting up Talkmobile APN settings.
Talkmobile UK APN Settings
To set up your Talkmobile APN, use the following details:
- Name - Talkmobile
- APN - talkmobile.co.uk
- MMSC - http://mms.talkmobile.co.uk/servlets/mms
- MMS Proxy - 184.108.40.206
- MMS Port - 8799
- APN type - internet+mms
On some devices, the following details may also be required for these settings to work:
- Username - wap
- Password - wap
Depending on what kind of phone you have, the process of setting up your APN may vary slightly. Below you can find out how to change Talkmobile APN settings on Androids and iPhones.
Talkmobile APN Settings for Android
- Go to Settings.
- Tap 'Wireless' or 'More' (depending on your version of Android).
- Go to Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
- Tap New APN.
- Enter the above details as they appear.
- Tap Menu > Save.
- Pick the newly-added APN name.
- Check the notification bar for H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working.
Talkmobile APN Settings for iPhone
Take the following steps to set up a Talkmobile APN for your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Cellular > Cellular Data Network > APN.
- Or tap Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.
- Enter the above details into the data boxes.
- The new settings should save automatically.
For other carriers, check out our APN guides that cover everything you need to know.
If you’re still looking for the perfect phone at a great price, browse our range of reconditioned devices here at Second-Hand Phones.