Lycamobile APN Settings
If you need to set up an APN for Lycamobile, take a look at our guide below; it contains all the details you need to get your phone online!
What is an APN?
APN stands for Access Point Name. Essentially, it’s the key to your phone connecting to wireless services, predominantly the internet.
The APN on most phones is preconfigured, and on phones purchased through contract, it can be locked to a specific setting or carrier. However, unlocked and reconditioned phones can allow you to change your APN settings.
You may need to change your APN settings if your phone is coming from another country or if you’re changing your SIM carrier.
Lycamobile Internet Settings
Every carrier will have separate APN settings for their network, so you must have the correct APN.
Often, when you choose a new carrier or network, the SIM will automatically update the APN settings, so you don’t need to do anything. However, there can be occasions where you need to enter the details manually.
When entering APN settings, bear in mind that you must enter the details exactly as they are shown, taking into account spaces (or lack thereof) and capitals.
Lycamobile APN Settings UK
These are the required details for setting up a Lycamobile APN:
- Name = Lycamobile Internet
- APN = data.lycamobile.co.uk
- Username = lmuk
- Password = plus
Lycamobile UK APN Settings on Android
Below is how to set up a Lycamobile APN on most Android devices. Depending on the model and brand, there might be slight variations to the names and processes.
- Access Settings.
- Tap ‘Wireless and networks’ or ‘More…’ depending on your version of Android.
- Tap Mobile Networks.
- Tap Access point names.
- Tap the Menu button.
- Tap New APN.
- Enter the details above into the onscreen form without changing any other settings.
- If asked to enter an authentication type, select PAP.
- If given a choice of APN type, select internet. If the keyboard appears, enter default.
- Tap the Menu button.
- Tap Save.
- Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked or the radio button is lit by tapping on it.
- Check the notification bar for H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working.
Lycamobile UK APN Settings on iPhone
The following explains how to set up a Lycamobile APN on an iPhone. There might be slight differences in the names and processes below based on your model and iOS.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap ‘Celluar’.
- Tap ‘Celluar Data Network’.
- Tap ‘APN’.
- Enter the details above into the Celluar Data boxes. You can also use the same information to set up MMS with the addition of the details below:
- MMSC: http://lyca.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
If you need to know the APN details for another carrier, explore our APN guides. Alternatively, if you’re looking to pick up a phone for less, why not browse our range of high-quality refurbished devices?